Sunday, October 6, 2013

Striving for a Mustache

If you looked at my "Blog's I love" tab you would notice my #1 listed blog is Mr. Money Mustache....and it's days when I stumble across another brilliant post he wrote where I remember why I love that blog and all the great wisdom it provides.  The post I just read was about Luxury being like a drug (SOOOO true).  Here's a little sample:


"So by all means, if you’re not tough enough to abstain totally, go ahead and dabble in luxury just as you might have some fun with the other bits of naughtiness. Think of it as part of an exploration of the full human experience: many luxury products are, after all, the culmination of the art and science and effort of your fellow humans. But approach it from a position of strength,  rather than the whining dependence that most of your fellow rich people develop.
Luxury is best appreciated as a strong and interesting contrast to, rather than the fabric of, your daily life." - Mr. MM

In a world where a fellow resident of mine just bought a Porsche, it's nice to be reminded that material things don't buy happiness.
Thanks Mr. MM.  

No comments:

Post a Comment