Friday, October 11, 2013

C'est La Vie

Right after my little visit to MMM land last week my favorite budgeting software had a blog post interviewing MMM!!!  So crazy! My two fav financial things coming together and inspiring us all.  Here is the link to the post.  The first podcast didn't work out so there is a transcript...the second is a podcast.  For those of you who don't know much about Mr. Money Mustache I recommend this podcast, it's a good intro to his philosophy.

On another note, my 30th birthday is coming up and my husband has planned a fun weekend for us.  I don't know all the details, but I'm sure it's not in line with our "YOU HAVE CREDIT CARD DEBT TO PAYOFF!!!  EMERGENCY!!"mentality we are supposed to have right now.  But ya know, you only turn 30 once.  C'est la vie.   The fall has always been a little "tough"/"interesting" for us financially.  July has always been a transition because of the never-ending academic years beginning then, therefore we moved to Chicago last year from out of state, had to set-up in a new apartment, then both of our birthday's are in the fall.  This year the husband didn't have a full-time job for a few months in the summer, which left us catching up in August/September.  I love the fall, the leaves, the crisp air, the warm pumpkin flavored drinks, my birthday....but I'm ready for a fall where I feel in control financially.  We are still on the right track....it hasn't even been a full year since we started using YNAB and tracking our expenses, so I'm cutting myself some slack here.

PS October debt payoff update to come soon!



2 comments:

  1. Hello! I just found your blog when I was looking for debt snowball chalkboards. My husband and I are in a similar boat with student loan debt... total almost 300k! (without mortgage!) I am excited to follow along your journey for encouragement. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristin! It's so nice to hear from others that are in similar situations and trying to get out of the debt. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete